Schilling’s Comments Make Sense

 Red Sox Pitcher Curt Schilling made a number of remarks to HBO’s Bob Costas about Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Jose Canseco. As you can expect from Schilling, these comments were biased and somewhat ignorant. At the same time, they all made sense and echoed many fans’ opinions. Schilling has said some things that he shouldn’t have in the past, but these comments make sense on multiple levels. First, that the lack of civil suits by Bonds proves that he took steroids. Second, that cheaters should be punished for their actions and their careers wiped clean. Continue reading “Schilling’s Comments Make Sense”

The Perfect Treatment For Bonds

As Barry Bonds inches closer to home run 756, the media attention continues to increase and scrutinize every move made by the all-star left fielder. Whether you hate Bonds or you love him, all of this attention over him breaking Aaron’s record gives Bondsbonds1.jpg justification that he is the true home run champion. If everyone ignored Bonds and his home run chase, than how could Barry feel like he had accomplished anything? If no one cared when he broke the record, Bonds would feel as if it didn’t matter and that he truly was undeserving. All of this media attention is playing right into Bonds hands.

What if no one did anything when he hit 756? What if no articles were written on it and fans sat in the stadium ignoring him? The only think worse than being hated, is when no cares about you. That is the perfect treatment for Bonds. No articles. No interviews. No clapping. No booing. Nothing. Just silence. Think about the message that would send to Bonds and other players using steroids: You Don’t Count. All of your achievements are meaningless, because you cheated to get them and we are not going to recognize you for anything you accomplish.

Who’s Now? America Doesn’t Know

ESPN’s new SportsCenter segment “Who’s Now” is trying to determine the current biggest sports athlete. This sounds like a good and interesting iwhosnow_203.jpgdea, but ESPN has done a terrible job creating the bracket and America voting. The way the voting works is three sports analysts each give their selection for the individual match up and that represents 30% of the vote. The other 70% is left up to the fans. In the bracket, there are four regions with each one named for one of the best individual sports athletes ever (Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, Billie Jean King, and Babe Ruth). The rankings in each division go as follows: Continue reading “Who’s Now? America Doesn’t Know”